5FM's mentorship opportunities are one week long and accommodate 6 interns at a time. This is an intensive programme, where you will experience every aspect of 5FM.5FM's mentorship opportunities are one week long and accommodate 6 interns at a time.
16 Jan - 20 Jan 2017 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Auckland Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
10 Jul - 14 Jul 2017 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM
1. 5FM’s mentorship programme is an intensive one week programme with the aim of providing practical experience on every aspect of 5FM.
2. 5FM’s mentorship programme takes place for a period of one week, a minimum of twice per year, at the 5FM Studios and offices, Auckland Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
3. The mentorship periods for 2017 :
* 1st Period: 16 January to 20 January 2016
* 2nd Period: 10 July to 14 July 2016
4. 5FM reserves the right to change the mentorship dates based on station availability
5. 5FM's mentorship opportunities accommodate up to 6interns at a time.
6. To participate interested parties must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the following:
* The applicant’s name,
* The applicant’s age,
* The region where the applicant resides,
* A 100-word motivation as to why they should be considered for the mentorship programme
* The applicant’s aim in obtaining the experience
* 5 things that make the applicant stand out from a crowd.
7. Any content produced by an intern during the duration of their time at 5FM is owned by 5FM, unless permission is granted otherwise by management.
8. During the mentorship and thereafter, interns agree to hold in strictest confidence, and not to use, except for the benefit of 5FM to the extent necessary to perform obligations to 5FM, and not to disclose to any person, firm, corporation or other entity, without written authorization from 5FM in each instance, any Confidential Information that interns obtain, access or create during the term of the internship, whether or not during working hours, until such confidential information becomes publicly and widely known and made generally available through no wrongful act of interns or of others who were under confidentiality obligations as to the item or items involved. Interns further agree not to make copies of such confidential information except as authorized by 5FM and that interns will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any confidential information. The foregoing does not grant interns a license in or to any of the confidential information.
9. Interns also agree (1) to sign an non-disclosure of information (2) on the end of the intern’s association with 5FM, interns will promptly return all proprietary information and all copies, extracts, and other objects or items in which it may be contained or embodied; (3) interns will promptly notify 5FM of any unauthorized release of proprietary information within their control; (4) interns agree to follow 5FM’s policy that employees and interns must not disclose, either directly or indirectly, any confidential information.
10. The internship programme is an experience for which interns will not be remunerated.
11. Interns need to be located in Johannesburg for the duration of their 1-week internship at their own expense.
12. Please note that 5FM receives a high volume of applications. If an applicant is not contacted regarding the program they should consider their application unsuccessful and are welcome to reapply for the next program..
13. Only successful candidates will be contacted, if you have submitted your motivation and have not been chosen, you can resubmit your application.
14. Please note the internship is for experience only and does not guarantee an employment position at 5FM.