On Air Personality
Proud Capetonian, DJ Stephanie B, is not only taking over the airways but is also an avid petrol head, soccer enthusiast and loves discussing topics one would feel awkward talking about with their parents.
• What’s been your best and worst moment on-air? One of my best on air moments has to be when I interviewed Sam McTrusty (lead singer of Twin Atlantic). He was just a dream to talk to on air, so professional, and funny, and interesting... and Twin Atlantic happen to be one of my favourite bands too! Worst moment on air would probably be every time I mispronounce something. Every now and again my brain and mouth have an argument, and I lose the ability to speak like a normal human being. Every time it happens, I switch the mic off and usually scream out loud at myself.
• Who would play you in a movie about your life and why? Definitely Kristen Bell! She loves animals just as much as I do, she also struggles with anxiety in her real day to day life, so I think I'd want someone like that who could portray that facet of my personality accurately without being overly dramatic. I remember she once cried on an Ellen interview when a sloth was brought out for her to hold, and I would pretty much have the same reaction for any fuzzy mammal.
• My most overused saying/word is . . . How could I choose one? Probably an awkward drawn out "so" that i sometimes use to punctuate the silence, or possibly "rad."
• How do you like your coffee? It honestly varies. In Summer I make myself an Espresso on ice with a bit of almond milk and honey - it's amazing, try it! In Winter, a good old shot of espresso with some soya milk and hot water to top it up. Also, I pretty much only drink decaf because my insomnia is bad enough as it is without the added caffeine!
• How do you Live Loud? By trying to never compromise on who I am as an individual, and always trying to learn and grow whenever and wherever I can. Travel is super important to me too, as I see things I could never see at home, and it always gives me a fresh perspective on my own life.